Seed Starting Course
Experience the excitement and satisfaction of successfully growing your own plants at home with your kids.
Starting plants from seeds is a special part of a gardeners learning curve.
Are you planning to start a garden this year? Even just a tiny patch? Well congratulations! It’s a big deal!
Whether you are a seasoned gardener or a beginner, growing a garden with kids is good for everybody. It feeds the soul, the soil and can even feed your family.
Organic gardens are as good for the earth as they are for its lucky inhabitants. The secret to growing a healthy, lush garden all begins with a single seed.
In this hands on course, you’ll discover how to grow from seeds and start your garden early this year.
I’ll cover everything from the best seed starting trays to what seed starting mix to get.
Here Are The 3 Benefits of Starting Seeds Indoors?
1. There are several reasons why people like to start seeds indoors. For starters, they cost less. You can use containers that are repurposed or upcycled.
2. Another reason people love starting their own seeds is you can literally start any seed you want indoors, as long as you pay attention to timing. When you are limited to the plants your local nursery is selling, you have fewer options.
3. When you start your own seeds, you control the water, the sunlight, and the potting mix. This gives you more control over your plants and could mean you’ll get healthier plants that equals a great harvest.
A Welcome Kit and Seed Starter Kit will be given to each Child/Parent on arrival and we will discuss the process of seed starting and plant your seeds of choice on the day.
Here are more details:
Kids Seed Starting Course
15 October 2023
1 Juliana Street
Bring your enthusiasm and a sun hat.
Children under the age of 5 should be accompanied by a parent.
We won't mind if siblings share a kit.
We do have a sibling special though. It will automatically be applied at checkout.
Just add 2 or more and the price will decrease.
We will include the following in your Seed Starter Kit
- Your seed of choice can be selected on the day.
- A seed starter tray
- Premium seed starting growing medium
- 3 Kids activities
- Plant markers
- Soil Discs
- Composting worm kit
We are also going to discuss the following topics during our activities:
- The benefits of gardening with children
- Choosing your seeds
- When to sow seeds
- How to sow seeds
- Soil Health
- The maintenance plan for your veggie patch
NB Please select Pick Up as a delivery option to avoid any delivery fee charges.
We will also have a My Eco Sprout Pop Up shop & Boerewors rolls for sale on the day.
Parents or caregivers are welcome to either stay for the duration of the event or drop off and collect their child at16:00 on 15 October 2023.